[ROM][20DEC][P500] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-Thunderg-A3 [CM7STOCK]

Thursday 22 December 2011


AdFad666's Unofficial build of CyanogenMod 7

Since Mik hasn't posted any updates to his CM7 ROM for our LG Optimus One (or any posts 
at all for a couple of months), I decided to learn Android and make my own update!

[20DEC] A3 http://www.multiupload.com/77KLCHZS36
Other necessary files:
Android Apps
GoldenLeaf Kernel (highly recommended!)

Note: this is a .32 based ROM (like Mik's 6.5.8). The usual warnings of belittlement apply if 
you flash the wrong kernel etc.


Note2: I DO NOT use my phone to play games, or overclock it like crazy. If you wish to do 
that with this ROM and something breaks, you only have yourself to blame. However you should 
have just as much success as with Mik's ROM.

Shout outs go to: andy572, _Arjen_, Bytecode, franciscofranco, fserve, lupohirp, mik_os, 
and anyone else who may have left useful advice on these forums!

   



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

What has changed in CyanogenMod since 7.1?
Not much, it's mostly bugfixes, updated translations etc. 
If you really want to know check this page out.

Will there be regular updates?
I'll update if I feel it is worth updating. It depends on what is added to CyanogenMod. 
Updated translations in Tagalog (or any other language I'll never use) is not reason enough. 
However it'll be at a maximum of once per week. 

Can I flash this over mik's 6.5.8?
I haven't tried it, but apparently you can, if you wipe cache.

Why .32? Will you make a .35 ROM?
I've only ever used .32 ROMs, I have never flashed a .35 ROM so I don't know if / why it 
would be better. If you can prove to me that .35 is better than .32, I'll look into it. But I mean 
prove it, just because you say so isn't enough. Show me some real test results...

Blackscreen? Screen off? Screen on? Fade in? Fade out? Shake it all about?
If you haven't come to terms and learnt to live with this 'problem' then perhaps you should 
visit this page.

All my games don't run properly! My life is fail!
Like I said, I'm not interested in gaming performance (except maybe a bit of angry birds or 
greedy spiders etc.), stability and battery life is more important to me. Also remember 
this is based on whatever the latest code has been pushed into CyanogenMod, which can and 
probably will have an affect.

!buttons volume swapped the miss really I
One of Mik's popular features, he submitted it to CyanogenMod but it was never accepted 
because it wasn't compatible at the time. I have rebased it so hopefully it'll get picked up. if 
not you'll have to wait till after CM7.2 is released (see below).
Tested Working:
  • Calls Make/Receive
  • SMS Send/Receive
  • Data 2G & 3G
  • WiFi
  • Headphones
  • Loudspeaker
  • Camera
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Tethering (USB/WiFi)

Needs More Testing (should be fine):
  • Bluetooth (headsets, file transfer etc.)
  • Headphones(with Microphone)
  • GPS (actual use not just stationary)
  • WiFi (different systems than mine [WPA/WPA2 PSK])

Bugs:
  • [21DEC] Camera exposure levels, too many of them
  • [21DEC] Video camera FC on reset settings
  • [19DEC] Dialler is broken. Well, it works, but you can't see the numbers properly.
  • [17DEC] Video recording in the default Camera app force closes, which 
    causes the camera to be unavailable, as well as battery drain, until a reboot.
  • None reported so far (Go test it and report!)
Blackscreen, offline charging, kernel fails etc. do not count...

There may be other minor variations because Mik changed something in his build 
or the CyanogenMod sources have been updated since his build was made... 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Changelog

v.A4 When I CBA
  • Dialpad visuals fixed
  • Video record permanent fix
  • Various CyanogenMod updates
v.A3 20.12.2011
  • Dialpad has new T9 mode
  • Various CyanogenMod updates
v.A2 19.12.2011
  • Video recording fix (temp hack)
  • Various CyanogenMod updates
v.A1: 15.12.2011
  • Import Mik9 sources
  • Reorganise vendor files
  • Delete unnecessary device files
  • Refactor build files
  • Integrate bluetooth fix (Gerrit)
  • Various CyanogenMod updates
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
DroidXDA © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter