- Update to Android 4.0.4
- Fixed problem with Flash Player “black screen”
- Mouse speed can be set
- Option to turn on/off the background applications
- Allowed to set the font size
- Supports playback of DVD and Blu-Ray ISO files (Files mode)
- Multiple mouse devices can be used
- Full-screen playback of online video sources
I haven’t had time to try it myself yet, but some people did, and it fixed some of their issues (e.g. HD multicast video streaming). Tip: Since the whole download process in in Chinese, “下载” means “download” in Chinese. You’ll have to be patient because the download is slow right now (About 5KB/s on my side).
Kimdecent also informed me they’ve released a new firmware for the Mele A1000/A2000 with the following ChangeLog:
- Android version: Android 4.0.4
- more fluent Flash online video playing
- Can adjust the speed of mouse movement
- set up 3G data connection control
- speed up when browsing
- New Chromelite browser
- Optimize the OS, Faster in total.
- Support DVD & Blue-ray ISO format files.
- Support Multi access of Keyboard/Mouse etc.
This seems very similar, except the changelog explicitly mentions 3G support, and faster system performance. I’m not sure it’s exactly the same firmware as released by Mele or not.
Download Link: http://www.kimdecent.com/drivers/53.html
If for some reasons, you don’t like the Mele Logo at boot time and/or reference to Mele in the firmware, you can install another version: http://www.kimdecent.com/drivers/57.html
You’ll have to register by email, or via your Facebook or Twitter account to download those files, but it’s currently much faster than the Mele website for me.
While they contacted me about the new firmware, Kimdecent also mentioned they have an Aliexpress shop where they sell Android set-top boxes among other things… Their prices are competitive, even after adding shipping costs. However, they only ship via courier such DHL, Fedex.. (no China Post or Hong Kong post), which may increase the custom and courier charges depending on the country where you live.